Today is the last day of the year, and I thought to reflect a bit on my journey this year. People who perceive me digitally think I am killing it, and all is going great, but you need to know what is happening in the non-digital space.
There are many good things, and here are some of them:
1. I wrote more than twenty articles on my digital accessibility blog, increased the traffic, doubled the leads, and got the website redesigned.
2. Taught accessibility to a few individuals, recorded the trainings, and started a YouTube channel called DigitalA11Y Insights.
3. Launched professionally made videos on understanding web content accessibility guidelines on YouTube. This cost me a lot of money, time, and energy, but I think the videos and feedback from the community are worth it.
4. Received notes from various clients at the end of December that I did well with my work, and all are happy. I received gift cards and notes of thanks.
5. All the people who are collaborating with me seem happy, and I tend to keep them happy and healthy. A lot of my success is ensuring they are successful.
6. Met a few old friends and made some new friends; we spent time together for drinks, food, and had a lot of good times.
7. There are many other trivial things, like watching more movies this year, reading fewer books comparatively, speaking to fewer people over the phone, and giving everything towards my work.
What people do not know and what does not show in my personality and on social media:
1.In March, my doctors detected a second rejection of the kidney and tried to save the organ.
2.My doctor delivered the news that he can buy me a few more years, and he is not sure of another transplant at this moment.
3.They put me on immune therapy injections that caused a lot of side effects which affected both my mental and physical health.
4.There will be days when I cannot move from bed, suffering from migraine headaches, acid reflux that burns my stomach and chest.
5.There are nights I am awake where I feel if it is all worth living for and if there is any future.
6.There are more questions like for what, for whom, and why I am still alive and doing the things I do each day.
During the year starting, I thought to find a purpose for my existence but soon realized that the more I try to find the reason for my existence, the more lost I feel. Some days there is more emptiness and a lonely feeling, but I will survive it.
It is not all a garden of roses as seen on social media, so pick up that phone and try to talk to those who are your friends and those who meant something to you. The reality is with people and not embedded in pixels in the digital world.
I wish this new year we find whatever we seek and go where we want to go. I am going to make my life beautiful each day with the things I have and with people surrounded by me.
Until next time, have an enjoyable time each moment.